Thread: Mobile device doesn’t stay logged in to forum

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Mobile device doesn’t stay logged in to forum

My iphone does not stay logged in to the ubuntu forums while on a cellular connection. I log in using my Ubuntu One account & after a few page loads I get logged out again. Seems to be when only on cellular. Wondering if anyone else has seen this and can suggest something to try.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Mobile device doesn’t stay logged in to forum

This is obvious to me now to not be a forums issue, and instead a browser setting or settings on the device. Seems to be a common problem. I usually button up my brower settings and turn most things off especially being a remote device and I think the fruit company prefers otherwise. No biggie, it's hard to type on this thing anyways.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Nothing to do with Apple and, yes, it probably is a forum "issue", although a feature rather than a bug. If your public IP address changes you get logged out. Check your IP address with whatismyipaddress.com (or similar site) occasionally to see if changes coincide with being logged out.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

That was it. I was able to test this and while on my iphone 5G connection having coffee, my IP address changed 4 times. I logged in to this forum for 1 session that lasted about 5 minutes before another IP change. Thanks coffeecat for the suggestion to diagnose. I do not use public wi-fi, I always stay on cellular when not near a trusted wi-fi network.