Thread: Changing interface language in Gimp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Changing interface language in Gimp

I've just installed Gimp 2.10 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04 and want to change the interface language, preferably to Cymraeg, but at the very least to UK English. However the option seems to be disabled in Edit > Preferences > Interface and US English is the only option.

How to change this?
    Nid yw Anarchiaeth am anrhefn a chwal, ond am Ryddid, Cyfrifoldeb a Threfn
    Anarchy isn't about chaos and disorder, it's about Freedom, Responsibility and Order.

Beans

Re: Changing interface language in Gimp

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@OP, the Art & Design sub-forum, where you posted, is a bit of an underused backwater, whose strapline reads:

Discuss various aspects of Ubuntu and Art here. Questions about using software for image editing should go in the Multimedia Software section.
    Thread moved to the Multimedia Software sub-forum. Although your question is about changing the language in image editing software, rather than image editing itself, you'll get better exposure here. Good luck.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm curious if this is a compile time option. It may be set that way so it just matches the system without easily getting screwed but seems like an intentional gimp (no pun intended) to a feature the program supplies? I haven't an Ubuntu available at the moment to check. If it is a compile option you may be able to edit that then recompile it. Is a simple process if you aren't inclined toward the Flatpak method.