Thread: How to shutdown Ubuntu 18.04 using power button without monitor attached?

Beans

How to shutdown Ubuntu 18.04 using power button without monitor attached?

Hi,

I have two installations of Ubuntu 18.04 lts - one on a desktop pc and one on a persistent usb.

I noticed that when a monitor is attached to the computer (turned on or off) pushing the power button will turn off the computer automatically after 60 seconds - GREAT!!!- both installations.

This power button does not work if the monitor is not physically attached to the computer - BOOOO!!! - to turn it off I have to either ssh in or hook up the monitor.

Is there a way to enable the power button to turn off the computer when no physical monitor is attached to the computer?

I have a virtual monitor in my startup applications - bash script and xrandr - but this does not help.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: How to shutdown Ubuntu 18.04 using power button without monitor attached?

would've been nice to know which video driver you're using...

assuming your (Gnome) Settings -> Power -> Suspend & Power Button -> When the Power Button is pressed:
    is set to "Power Off"

and this https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...on-4175636022/ doesn't help, please file a bug report.